Letting go

              Finally I'm letting you go.
I thought that i'd moved on from you a long time ago; in a way I did, my feelings for you moved along like the shore but my anger and pain hadn't.
I still constantly reminded myself of why I didn't love the way I did, or why I didn't care for things the way I used to.
I let those negative feelings prick me like sharp thorns on a rose; I bled out all of myself because I didn't let the pain go.
At the time I didn't realize not only the damage I was doing to myself but to the people who were trying to mend me back to my old self.
Surprisingly, a sweet, charismatic guy came into my life and showed me how to care again. Showed me that love can be found and restored. Showed me that I am worthy of being cared for and appreciated.
I'm glad I finally let go...
                E|J|P


Comments